Easy Fruit Cake Recipe :
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 tsp salt
1 / 2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Ground allspice 1 / 2 tsp.
Ground cloves 1 / 2 tsp.
16 ounces (2 1 / 2 cup) diced candied fruit peel and mixed
1 package 15 ounces (3 cups) raisins
1 8-ounce package of pitted dates whole, (1 1 / 3 cup), snipped
All red and green candied cherries 8 ounces (1 1 / 3 cup)
1 cup almonds silver
1 cup pecan half
½ cup chopped candied pineapple
1 ¾ cup packed brown sugar
1 cup orange juice
¾ cup butter or margarine, melted and cooled
¼ cup light molasses
- Loaf pan in 10x3 1 / 2 × 2 1 / 2 loaf of bread or two Grease three 8x4x2 inches.
- Brown paper (to prevent browning over a brown paper) Line bottom and sides of pan and grease.
- Flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, allspice, cloves and stir together.
- Fruit and peel, raisins, dates, cherries, almonds, pecans, and add the pineapple. Mix until coated.
- Beat the eggs until foamy.
- Brown sugar, orange juice, butter or margarine, and add the molasses. Beat until combined.
- Stirred into fruit mixture.
- About 3 / 4, respectively filled, put the butter in a frying pan.
- 300o oven to bake until cake tests done over two hours.
- Cover the pan loosely with foil after every hour to prevent over browning firing.
- Place the pan on a wire cake rack and cool thoroughly.
- Remove from pan.
- Wine, brandy -, moistened with fruit juice or a cheesecloth wrap.
- Overlap with foil.
- Please keep in the refrigerator.
- Shop for a mild taste and blend 3 to 4 weeks.
- Remoisten a cheesecloth if needed after one week.
- Makes 40 servings.